Monday, April 25, 2011

Time Flies!

Well, well, well, I guess I've done it again.  Here we are in the 17th week of the year ( I think), and I am still on new thing number 8.  I guess this blogging thing is a little more time consuming than I thought it would be.  I'M SORRY PEOPLE!!  I know you have been checking my blog like crazy wondering when there will be an update.  Haha!  So here are a few updates for ya!

#8  He's got WiNGS! 
Marc and I went home to Mississippi for Spring Break.  Ryder came along too, of course!  Marc flew with us and stayed a few days before going home.  This means that I flew back to Houston with Ryder solo.  I won't go into detail, but it wasn't so smooth with one parent.  All you need to know is that flying with a baby was a new thing that I tried!
We had a GREAT time in Mississippi!  Marc finally got to go to Utica with me.  This is where my grandparents live, and a place that means so much to me.  Here are a few pictures.  Unfortunately, we didn't take too many while in MS.
Mee Maw, Me, Ryder, Paw Paw, Mom, and Aunt Lisa

Paw Paw and Ryder man doing what he does best!
 I thought this was a cool picture.  It is one of PawPaw's old cotton pickers in an old chicken coop.  Nice photography Marc!
 This picture makes me smile.  This is Granny's (my great grandmother) house.  Paw Paw grew up here.  Many great memories! 

#9  and #10 Two Birds with One Stone
Haley and I decided it would be fun to do a 5k.  Well, the one that Haley found involved wearing tutus.  Haley made them and did a FABULOUS job!  Pictures were very limited because we didn't have a camera.  This counts for two "new" things because *it was the first time I ever ran in a tutu...AND *the first time I ever wore a tutu!  Good times!

#10  You Better Learn to Crawl...Before I Walk Away 
That would be the lyrics to a Kings of Leon song that I found quiet appropriate for #10.  Although Ryder was NOT crawling at the time, he sure did enjoy going with me to his very first concert, Kings of Leon.  They put on a free outdoor concert.  Ryder and I walked 3 miles there, put down our blanket, and jammed!  He wasn't sure what was going on at first and expressed that by SCREAMiNG and crying, but he eventually loved it...as you can see below.  Angie, my bestie since high school, came with her crew to hang with us for a bit! Marc had to miss this one because he was showing our house.

 I tried to rotate this so many times.  I was not successful.  Sorry!






Once we got home...



#11  We FON DID IT!!! 
The Melting Pot that is.  Have you been there?  If not...you must!  I went with my girls, and we had a BLAST!  We were even told to lower our voices.  Can you believe that?!  haha.

Ok, that's enough newness for the night.  However, I must post some more pictures of RYDER!!  He is now 8 months old (tomorrow).  He is crawling and pulling up.  HE IS HUGE!  Seriously, he wears 12mo clothes and those are snug.  He is talking a lot, and says "Mama" all of the time.  No, not to me.  I think it's on accident, but that counts right?


I love this one! 

This past weekend we went to Galveston.  It was REALLY windy, but we took the kids out to the beach with Gloria and Mamo.  I will post more pictures of this day, but wanted to post a couple.
Jordan and Ryder playing.



I will also do an Easter blog later, but I could not resist giving you a peek of Ryder's outfit.  Mom and I found this outfit in Jackson when I was home.  However, she had to mail him a new one...a bigger one than the original!  Surprise! Surprise!  He couldn't fit into the 9 mo when he was 7 mo! 
Family Easter picture! 

Well, I'm blogged out!  Have a great night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment