Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Last week my sweet mom flew into Houston and we drove back to Mississippi with Ryder.  We stayed there all week.  I had the most wonderful time!  I love going home, but I hate it because it always makes me realize how much I miss it!  I miss the smaller city and slower pace...and I definitely miss my mom and dad!  However, I am so blessed to have such wonderful family here in Houston as well!
Anyway...throughout the week we went and visited friends and family, and of course...ate delicious food! Ryder got to meet his great grandmother Gran on Monday.  We got to see her new home and show Ryder off to her friends.  Here is a picture of Ryder and Gran.

Ryder also got to spend lots of time with his Pop!  



On Tuesday we made the trip to Utica to visit Mee Maw and Paw Paw.  We had lunch with them and guess what Mee Maw made??  If any cousins are reading this you may want to sit down!  Yes!  She made dressing!!  That was my request when she asked what I would like.  However, we all just laughed about it, not really expecting her to make it.  She surprised me with it when we got to her house.  I thought I took a picture of it, but it's not on my camera.  I'll take one at Thanksgiving! 








And of course, Lolli got to spend her share of time with the little man as well!  



We sure missed Daddy while we were gone, but we had a blast!  I can't wait to see everyone again at Thanksgiving! 
Friday we made the drive back to Houston plus my Dad.  He was in his truck.  Lindsey, Jeremy, and Hutch met us in Houston.  We got to spend the weekend together.  Saturday we went for lunch and margaritas and then we headed to the Mississippi State / Houston game.  It was a lot of fun and WE WON!  woooohooo!!!  Go DAWGS!!! 
I don't have any pictures, but I think Lindsey may have taken some.  
So, now everyone is gone and it's really quiet.  I had my regular cry as I always do when my family leaves. I love y'all!  Thanks so much for coming to Houston!  
**Sister Haley we missed you and look forward to you being with us at Thanksgiving.  

4 comments:

  1. I am more than a little jealous of that dressing....if you would have said that she made rolls, too, I don't think I could have handled it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I requested those as well, but I was more than thrilled when I saw the dressing! She said she just couldn't do both...quite understandable. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pics!!!! We had a blast this weekend & can't wait to be with everyone again at Thanksgiving! Oh, and Jeremy is going to keep Hutch that weekend I come to Houston! Love yout tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am with laura merrill... if you had said rolls, i was throwing a fit ;)

    ReplyDelete